Wednesday, June 25, 2008

I would do anything for Hill...but I won't do that.

Hillary Clinton returned to the Senate yesterday for the first time since being forced from suspending her Presidential campaign on June 7.

"Anyone who voted for me has very little in common with the Republican Party," she said. "If you care about the issues I care about and the future that I outlined in my campaign, then you really have to stay with us in the Democratic Party and vote Senator Obama to be our next president.”

Sorry Senator Clinton, but I Just Say No Deal.

I know that you’re a loyal Democrat and that you believe that supporting Senator Obama is the right thing to do for the party.

But I’m interested in doing what’s right for the country.

I can’t vote for someone who allowed my franchise to be marginalized and then cut in half. Conducting a revote at the campaigns’ expense, something that you fought for and Obama declined, would have made us whole. His refusal to “do what’s right” because it would have jeopardized his coronation shows me that he’s more interested in his own political ambition than the democratic principles that this country was founded on.

I can’t vote for someone who has made a career out of running for higher office while being too busy to do the job he was elected to do. See this You Tube clip for his explanation on why he never held a hearing of the Subcommittee on European Affairs:



I can’t vote for someone who says one thing on the campaign trail while his advisors (or former advisors) say something else. (See Samantha Power, Austin Goolsbee, Colin Kahl) We’re already seeing the effects of such conflicting statements with Obama’s own recent reversals on public financing and telecom immunity.

I’m sorry Hillary, but there’s nothing that you can say or do to convince me to vote for this man. It’s not your fault, although the Democrats and Obama’s minions will lay the blame with you anyway, but he sets off too many red flags for me ignore. I simply do not believe that he will do what he promises.

So what am I prepared to do, as Manolo Minx so rightfully asked?

I will continue to champion your signature cause, true universal health care with mandates. I will also vote for down-ticket Democrats who supported you and your platform to keep whomever is elected Commander-in-Chief in check. And I will continue to hope that the superdelegates realize that you’re the best person for the job, no matter how fleeting that hope may be.

But I will not vote for Obama.

NOTE: My original position of being against revotes to enfranchise Florida and Michigan was predicated on them being funded at taxpayers' expense.

4 comments:

  1. You go girl!

    I believe we are seeing the birth of the next feminist movement. I have just opened a site called http://www.writeinyourvoteforhillary.com/

    Please go there and be among the first to declare that you will write in your vote for Hillary in Nov. I will. Who knows, maybe we can get a million names...so please vote and send the address along to others!

    Thanks so much!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What now? Are there plans to get this in front of the credentials committee? I also want to make everyone aware of the 18 Million Voices march to honor and support Sen. Clinton in Denver. Please visit http://wwww.18millionvoics.blogspot.com and sign up to get involved. Find a state meet-up near you, or e-mail them to organize one yourself! All the info is on the site. Thanks! Oh and don't forget to send the DNC 1/2 a check! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. You said it! He surely "has made a career out of running for higher office while being too busy to do the job he was elected to do."

    He might not get away with it this time. This modus operandi is the definition of arrogance. It's indicative of the fact that he fancies himself too important for what ever he is doing until he becomes the most powerful man in the world. What does that equate to? He feels that every other occupation on earth is below him? That's one hell of on ego.

    If you want a real taste of Sen. Obama's arrogance take a look at this:

    http://www.usnews.com/blogs/erbe/2008/7/30/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Obama is now saying that the Michigan and Florida delegates should be seated in full.

    Read it here: http://www.usnews.com/blogs/erbe/2008/8/4/

    ReplyDelete